(306) 764-7233 (SAFE)
The Prince Albert Safe Shelter for Women seeks to serve the needs of women and children who require safety and support due to an abusive relationship.
What is Domestic Violence?
Abuse is a pattern of verbal, emotional, physical or sexual behaviours used by one person in order to gain power and control over another person. Domestic violence refers to abuse that occurs in the context of an intimate relationship or family setting.
There are many symptoms of abuse. At the heart of the issue is a lack of Respect.
Women of all ages and from all walks of life are welcome to call the Shelter to discuss their own particular circumstances.
Women come to the Shelter when in crisis or as part of a step by step plan to deal with their situation.
If you or someone you know needs our assistance, contact us.
Signs of Abuse
Some signs of abuse include:
- Name calling, criticizing, insulting and ignoring you in private and/or public places.
- Withholding access to money.
- Controlling where you go and what you do
- Isolating you from family, friends, work and community.
- Threatening to take your children and/or hurt them.
- Hitting, choking, punching, biting, slapping, kicking, pushing, shoving or throwing objects.
If this is happening to you or to someone you care about help is available, contact us.